16-19 Tuition Fund
The 16-19 fund is additional funding that has been provided to West Derby School to ensure we support all 16-19 learners who have had their learning disrupted by the COIVD -19 lockdown. The fund will be used for small group and 1:1 tuition in English, Maths and vocational learning for 16 to 19-year-old learners. This tuition will be in addition to the planned study programme hours.
In line with Government guidance we will prioritise the following groups of 16–19-year-old students, identified by the Government as disadvantaged, for support from the fund:
- Students who have not achieved a grade 4 in either GCSE maths or English
- Students with SEND (special educational needs and disabilities) where they have experienced additional disruption to learning as a result of their specific needs and disabilities
- Students who have achieved a grade 4 but also would benefit from catch up support due to disrupted learning
We will use this fund to provide small group/ (Maximum of five per group) and 1:1 tuition to learners both online and face to face. These sessions will be developed in a bespoke way to meet the individual needs of every leaner. The tuition sessions will be scheduled in addition to the planned programme of study hours already timetabled for the academic year 2020/21.
We will provide the following types of support for our students:
- English and maths skills development including support in preparing for GCSE Exams, targeted intervention and 1:1 support
- Academic skills support and development focusing on study skills development
- Technical Knowledge and skills support to aid mastery and make up for any shortfall from previous learning including bespoke training on the use of our online learning platforms
- Vocational Tutoring including targeted workshops in practical subjects